YOUR STORY STUDIOS LIMITED
This policy is effective from 20/05/2018.
The Data Protection Officer for this website and Your Story Studios limited is Lyndsey Nelson, Managing Director & Julian Nelson, Creative Director.
Your Story Studios Limited are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information from which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines.
Your Story Studios Limited may occasionally change or update this policy. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes made which concern your personal data.
What information we collect
We may collect, store, and use the following information:
· information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation, preferences and interests).
· information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchase you make of our services.
· information that you provide to us about yourself (name, dates, contact information etc) for the purpose of registering with us or submitting an enquiry via the contact form(s) included on this website or comments included in our blog.
· information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications.
· any other information that you choose to send to us.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping in relation to operating Your Story Studios Limited.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have opted into receiving such information.
· We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
· You are under no obligation to provide us with consent to store and use this information and you will not be treated less favourably for not providing consent.
Security of your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your information will be stored using secure, encrypted, cloud-based client management/file storage systems provided by third parties who also operate in line with GDPR.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
A cookie is a small file which asks for permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. When you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over information transferred to those websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and sites which are not governed by this privacy statement. It will be your responsibility to examine the privacy statement relating to the website in question and should exercise caution.
Consent and controlling your personal information
We operate on a lawful basis for controlling and processing data about you. The lawful basis’ we operate in accordance with are that you have either provided consent to us, have agreed to provide consent or have entered into a contract with us that requires us to store and using information about you. Further details regarding use of your information including images can be found in our Client Contract.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· When providing information to us using any ‘contact’ or ‘sign up’ form there will be a box providing consent to your data being stored and used as outlined in this privacy statement. We are prohibited from using your data in this way unless you ‘Opt In’. We will keep a record of this consent alongside the data we hold.
· If you have previously agreed to the storing and use of your personal information you may change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org you will not be treated less favourably because of this.
· You may at any time request, (free of charge) that we supply you with all of the personal information we hold about you as an individual. We will supply this to you, in a simple format within a month of becoming aware of such a request.
· If you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at email@example.com so that we can correct the information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you consent to this.
Information held by Your Story Studios Limited will only be disseminated to those working at/for Your Story Studios Limited, and only if they have a legitimate requirement to use this information. If at any point in the future Your Story Studios Limited is sold, or managed by another person or company, relevant data may be transferred for use in the same manner as consent was originally obtained.
Our services do not normally require data to be held in relation to children, however if an individual is of an age where we cannot feasibly obtain their consent we will obtain parental/guardian consent.
If we detect or are made aware of any potential data breaches we will investigate and report these accordingly.
Information about you will only be stored and used by Your Story Studios for the amount of time it is required in relation to the operation of our business (for marketing purposes this is relevant until we honestly believe you would no longer be interested in our services/products), providing a service or product to you, or until you withdraw consent. After such time it will be erased from our third-party cloud storage applications.
If you require further information regarding the third-party services that we use to securely store data please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org If you want more information about the privacy policies of any sites linked, associated or referred (search engines, social media, third parties) to and from this website we would suggest visiting the relevant site, however if you have any questions regarding our association with or use of them please contact us via email.
Rights of the data subject
Right of confirmation
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right of confirmation, he or she may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller.
Right of access
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller free information about his or her personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information. Furthermore, the European directives and regulations grant the data subject access to the following information:
· the purposes of the processing;
· the categories of personal data concerned;
· the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
· where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
· the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to such processing;
· the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
· where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Furthermore, the data subject shall have a right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. Where this is the case, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer. If a data subject wishes to avail themselves of this right of access, he or she may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller.
Right to rectification
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
If a data subject wishes to exercise this right to rectification, he or she may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller.
Right to withdraw data protection consent
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to withdraw his or her consent to processing of his or her personal data at any time.
If the data subject wishes to exercise the right to withdraw the consent, he or she may at any time directly contact our Data Protection Officer of Serenity or another employee of the controller.
Right to erasure(right to be forgotten)
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies, as long as the processing is not necessary:
The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
The data subject withdraws consent to which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
The data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR.
The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) of the GDPR.
If one of the aforementioned reasons applies, and a data subject wishes to request the erasure of personal data stored by Your Story Studios Limited, he or she may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the controller. The Data Protection Officer at Your Story Studios or another employee shall promptly ensure that the erasure request is complied with immediately. Where the controller has made personal data public and is obliged pursuant to Article 17(1) to erase the personal data, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform other controllers processing the personal data that the data subject has requested erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data, as far as processing is not required.
The Data Protection Officer at Your Story Studios Limited or another employee will arrange the necessary measures in individual cases.
You have the right to submit a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
Your Story Studios Limited